Pokemon Battles&Trades
Join us!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pokemon Battles&Trades
Join us!
Pokemon Battles&Trades
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EV training guide short and sweet

2 posters

Go down

EV training guide short and sweet Empty EV training guide short and sweet

Post by Prof. Geno Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:06 pm

OK, i would like to begin this thread by expaining the concept of EV training...
EV (effort value) is a factor in the game that help determine the level of compentence of your pokemon there is a total limit of 510 EVs per pokemon and 255 evs into a stat, this means that you may either focus or split EVs. Keep in mind the EVs to stat ratio where it is 4:1 so plan and train accordingly this means to get 20 of a stat you would require 80 EVs people have been asking how my pokemon seem super charged well this is it >.> so quit complaining...

Here are Some Advisable EV training Locations
ATTACK EVs

To train Attk i would suggest fighting SHINX near SANGEM TOWN it is the earliest EV hotspot and one of the most effective. BIBAREL for higher level pokemon in SPRING PATH is also a god variable to consider.Also the MACHOKE and BIBAREL in route 211. For further information on this plase PM me and i will do my best to oblige you.

DEFENSE EVs

Defense, to train defense there are several options... any cave with a cluster of GEODUDE or a cluster of GRAVELER, STEELIX, and ONYX such as iron island may prove to be the best option for training defense i find this the easiest stat other than speed to train for.

SP. DEFENSE

Ok, for Sp.Def you may as well surf anywhere and fight the TENTACRUEL and TENTACOOL this is the most straight forward training area and i cant imagine training for it anywhere else. if any of you find a better place or a lower level option please PM me.

SP. ATTACK

Ok, Sp.attk... I would recomend the clusters of GHASTLY and HAUNTER in the OLD CHATEAU or in the POKEMON TOWER for this stat... a bit short but very effective

SPEED

Ah speed, my favorite stat...also the easiest to train... though there are plenty of viable locations i will only name 2 because they are the EASIEST by far.
1st, in ETERNA CITY there is a fisherman on a bridge with 6 MAGICARP giving a speed EV each, (i had something witty to say here but i forgot so i'll put it next update...)
Also there are STARAVIA and PIKACHU in the TROPHY GARDEN that also proves well to train this stat.

So, RawR thats the general point of EVs its stressful and tedious but really is worth it... HOPE THIS HELPS!

People should RawR more...they really should

Prof. Geno

Prof. Geno

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Player Stats
Badges:
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

EV training guide short and sweet Empty Re: EV training guide short and sweet

Post by Damaar Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:39 pm

HP

Essential for many walls. Random Bidoof give you one per kill and are good if your pokemon is a low level but i've found surfing on route 212 works best if you can handle the lvl 20-30 something pokes.

Just jump in the water and surf around, you'll find nothing but wooper and a few quagsire, woopers give 1 hp each and quags give 2, since they are the only thing you'll run into it's a good spot to train.
Damaar
Damaar

Male
Number of posts : 134
Favourite Pokemon : Charizard, Mew, Gengar, Dragonair, the Eeveelutions
Favourite Type : Fire & Ice
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Player Stats
Badges:
Friend Code: 3265-2285-4607

Back to top Go down